Mid City Hospital day care surgery centre is among the first facility of its kind in private sector that has pioneered the day care surgical services in the city. A team of highly trained surgeons, anesthetist and paramedical staff ensure to perform these surgeries with safety and excellent results to the utmost satisfaction of the patients.
Day care surgery means that patient is hospitalized for few hours during which surgery is performed and the patient is discharged on the same day.
In day care surgery specialized anesthesia and surgical techniques are applied in order to minimize the pain during and after the surgery that enable the patient to be discharged in a comfortable, safe and satisfactory condition. This also helps the patient to recover rapidly. In this way patient is able to return back to his normal activity much early as compared to the conventional surgery.
Day care surgery has many advantages over conventional surgery that requires prolonged hospitalization
- Patient experiences less pain due to special anesthesia technique
- Early mobilization
- Early return to normal environment
- Minimal disruption of patient’s personal life
- Easier domestic arrangements
- Less loss of time at work
- Less psychological disturbances in children
- Reduced risk of cross-infection at hospitals
- Reduced cost of surgery compared to conventional surgery
- Hernia Repair
- Inguinal Hernia Repair Conventional Surgery
- Laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia Repair
- Hemorrhoids (Piles)
- Stappled Hemorhoidectomy
- Skin Lesions
- Excision of Lipoma/Sebaceous/Papilomas
- Breast Lump Excision
- Anal Fissure (Sphincterotomy)
- Perianal Fistula Excision
- Perianal Abscess Drainage
- Pilonidal sinus excision
- Laparoscopic Appendicectomy
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- A thorough check-up and investigation of the ailment, fixing of date and time of the operation.
- Patient formally admitted to day care unit on the specified date.
- Patient preparation.
- Anesthesia administration followed by Surgery Recovery from anesthesia and observation in the hospital.
- Post-operative examination and briefing.
- Discharge from the hospital on the same day.